Compass Within Online Career Coaching Program
Compass Within is a 3-month online coaching program that is focused on helping you hear your own voice and make intentional decisions about your career. The program is based on understanding your results from the CliftonStrengths assessment, combined with deep reflection on your personal values.Schedule a Call
Participation in Compass Within Includes:
- 7 online learning modules: videos, exercises, focus phrases, and handouts
- 8 half-hour coaching sessions with CliftonStrengths coach, Dr. Ariela Freedman
- Access code for full 34 CliftonStrengths assessment
- Online resource library of over 100 videos that explore the 34 Strengths in detail
- Welcome package with interactive materials
- Monthly coaching call to connect with others contemplating career transitions
- Personalized gift after completing the program
Module 1. Hear Your Voice
In Module 1, we go deep into exploring fear: what do we worry about most, and what opportunities are we losing when we give into our fears? In this module, you will:
- Shift your mindset by understanding your underlying fears and motivations, so you can make the choices you want to make.
- Be more present with yourself and others, leading to more satisfying relationships.
- Expand your thinking about ways to use your skills and strengths.
Module 2. Talk To Yourself Productively
In Module 2, we learn the philosophy behind CliftonStrengths: our Strengths aren’t just what we’re good at doing; they are also our energy sources. How can we tap into our inner wisdom to become less judgy and more curious about who we truly are? In this module, you will:
- Learn a framework for self-awareness so that you can make more satisfying choices about how you’re spending time, earning money, and choosing those around you.
- Be a better friend to yourself as an honest, but gentle, critic of your choices.
- Let things go and be more forgiving of yourself, freeing you to move forward more quickly.
Module 3. Maximize Your Power and Potential
In Module 3, we dive into understanding our own Strengths. How do we use them in ways that help us most, and how do we over-use them to the point they hold us back? This is helpful language for talking about ourselves on the job market. In this module, you will:
- Stop taking responsibility for things that aren’t yours, so you can accomplish the things that are truly yours to take on.
- Do the things you were meant to be doing as you make smarter choices about how you spend your time, attention, and energy.
- Feel more productive and satisfied at work because you’re using your strengths in healthy ways.
Module 4. Plant Yourself In The Right Soil
In Module 4, we gain language to discuss the things that feed and offend our Strengths: What are the people, places, and projects we love, and which ones drive us crazy? What choice points do we have to adjust the balance of these things in our lives? In this module, you will:
- Recognize people and places that help you grow into the person you want to be.
- Identify the toxic people and places in your life so you can navigate them more easily.
- Feel understood and supported, freeing you to do your best work.
Module 5. Protect Your Magic
In Module 5, we explore the ways in which we use our Strengths to benefit ourselves vs. others. In what ways might we be depleting our energy reserves? What is the cost for over-extending or being too focused inwards? In this module, you will:
- Have more energy to use for yourself after learning strategies to ensure you’re not giving away the best of your gifts to others.
- Have time for hobbies after monitoring your energy throughout the day.
- Go to sleep at night feeling confident about being authentically yourself instead of staying up wondering what you should do with your life.
Module 6. Own What's Most Important
In Module 6, we explore how using different values can help us navigate choices points with intention. What new values might illuminate options we hadn’t previously considered? How might we re-interpret values in more useful ways? In this module, you will:
- Spend less time in your head, as you make decisions from a place of owning what’s important to you.
- Stop feeling guilty taking care of yourself, because you know how your values fit into the bigger picture.
- Go to sleep glad you spent time with the people and projects that matter most.
Module 7. Move Forward Confidently
In our last module, we explore the intersection of Strengths and values. How might we use our Strengths and values together if we want to rescope our current position, find a new job, or create our own? In this module, you will:
- Make intentional choices vs. reactive choices as you live in alignment with who you are at your core.
- Keep your day from being derailed by distractions, as you learn to confidently handle the challenges that arise.
- Wake up feeling excited about your day, seeing your calendar filled with spending time doing things that are meaningful.
Dr. Shilpa Patel
“The Compass Within program could not be better timed! So many of us are re-evaluating work and what it means to us in the Covid-era. The program led me down a path of deep discovery both personally and professionally, through the use of videos, handouts, reflection tools, and one-on-one coaching sessions which were insightful in guiding my career change. As both the developer of Compass Within and an experienced Clifton Strengths Coach, Dr. Freedman is well-equipped to guide professionals who are feeling “stuck” in the workplace on their change journey paths. Even if you are feeling stuck in the workplace and not sure what exactly needs to be changed, this program is for you. I am grateful for the Compass Within program for helping me gain clarity about my next professional adventure!”
Anna Shao, MPH
“When I started Compass Within, I was burnt out and unsure of what I wanted to do next. With Ariela’s compassionate and intentional guidance in the program, I got to know myself better. Now I feel reset, confident, and equipped to pursue opportunities that are truly a good fit for me— not just something that I think I ‘should’ work! The videos, questions, and exercises in this program have rejuvenated me during a transitional time in my life, and I look forward to applying them as I continue in my career.”
“Compass Within taught me what my strengths are and how to use them in the best way possible, as well as how to keep the best of me for myself. Ariela was great help, always knowing what questions to ask, helping me understand how to approach different situations, and guiding me in the right direction.”